Health and Safety
Dedicated to protecting your welfare.
Hendex Construction Ltd is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the company’s employees and of those people who may be affected by our activities, including members of the public.
We operate high standards of health and safety management. Our good safety record is a result of constant awareness and commitment to a methodical and stringent approach to all that we do.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act, Hendex Construction Ltd accepts and recognises:
Its legal duty of care in protecting the Health and Safety of its staff and others who may be affected by the company’s business.
The necessity to maintain high standards of health and safety practices & standards including effective dissemination of this Health & Safety Policy including making people aware of their roles and responsibilities.
The importance of consultation with staff on health and safety matters and where appropriate seeking expert advice to determine the risks to health and safety of the company’s activities and the measures necessary to control or eliminate these.
The need for robust measuring and monitoring of health and safety including a regular review of policies and procedures to ensure risk is mitigated in the workplace.
Management also acknowledges its responsibilities to ensure:
- Where reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all staff working for the company or persons connected with our business operations.
- Staff know their obligations to comply with all legal requirements and the implementation of this policy.
- All staff are made aware of their duties under Sec. 7 Health and Safety at Work Act etc. 1974 to co-operate with Management in health and safety matters and of their personal responsibility of care for the health and safety of themselves and to prevent the endangerment of other persons by their acts or omissions.
- To encourage staff to work and conduct themselves in a safe way, following appropriate procedures, using the right, well-maintained equipment and reporting all hazards at the earliest opportunity and encourage staff to identify and report hazards which will improve safety.
- Promotion of health and safety measures for the benefit & well-being of the company and its entire staff.
- Protection of everyone, including all visitors and members of the public insofar as they come into contact with the company or its activities, from a foreseeable hazard or danger.
- All measures that are reasonably practicable are put into place so as to prevent personal injury and damage to property for staff.
- Provision of adequate resources for the requirements of health, safety and welfare.
- Regular communication with staff to encourage sharing of information and good practice in relation to health and safety.
- Maintenance of equipment and regular inspection of company premises with any corrective action taken quickly.
- Safe access and egress.
- Effective systems for reporting and investigating accidents with a robust system of further risk elimination and control.
- A systematic approach to risk assessment with suitable control measures and information dissemination of correct procedures.
- All visitors including maintenance personnel or contractors are informed of any hazards including those they may not be aware of.
- The provision of a safe environment and systems of work, equipment, safe handling of materials and substances and the provision of adequate safety equipment.
- The company provides adequate training and ensure that all staff are competent to do their tasks.
- It carries out and regularly reviews risk assessments to identify proportionate and pragmatic solutions to reducing risk.
- It eliminates risk through the selection and design of buildings, facilities, equipment and processes. Where risks cannot be eliminated they will be minimised by the use of physical controls or, as a last resort, through systems of work and personal protection.
- It provides adequate training and ensures that all staff are competent to do their tasks.
- It engages contractors that are able to demonstrate due regard to health and safety.
- All new staff are informed about safety arrangements, given a copy of the company’s health & safety policy upon joining and the opportunity to read it before starting work. The identification of employee training including covering the latest health and safety legislation and guidelines.
The company regards health and safety legislation as the minimum standard and is always in pursuit of excellence in relation to all its operations including health and safety and expects management to engender and adhere to this ethos.